About this Policy
Clorox is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined by applicable law. Clorox has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
This policy applies to Clorox New Zealand Ltd and its subsidiaries (“Clorox” or “we” “us” or “our”), and describes the way that Clorox collects, holds and discloses personal information about individuals. This policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions for use of this website and other websites operated by us, which you should also read.
Privacy statements in relation to our websites and in relation to calls received by our Consumer Enquiries line are also incorporated into this policy.
Why does Clorox collect my personal information?
Clorox collects and holds your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Clorox may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Clorox promotion, for the uses listed below or to allow Clorox to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does Clorox hold?
During the course of our business, we may collect personal information from you.
The types of personal information Clorox collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Clorox and may (but does not always) include:
Product barcode, if applicable.
If necessary, Clorox may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you call our Consumer Enquiries line.
What if you don’t provide Clorox the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Clorox with the personal information it reasonably requires, Clorox may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does Clorox collect my personal information?
Clorox tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Clorox or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Clorox or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a survey conducted by Clorox or one of its related companies;
- Access or request information from Clorox’s website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- Provide information to Clorox’s customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, Clorox may also collect your personal information from other entities covered by this policy or third parties, but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
Clorox will such take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
How does Clorox use my personal information?
Clorox uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the Clorox goods or services you request;
- Promoting and marketing Clorox’s current and future products and services (including to you);
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Clorox considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Clorox’s current and future products or services;
- Administering, reviewing and optimising the performance of Clorox’s distribution network and improving the effectiveness of any software used by the distribution network; and
- Improving the operation or navigation of Clorox’s website.
Clorox may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time Clorox collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Clorox uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Clorox will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence. If we use your personal information to send you any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that we provide you with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, we will provide you with the source of the personal information.
Clorox Consumer Enquiries Privacy Statement
Customer Service: Clorox will use the personal information you provide during Calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the Call in response to your query or complaint.
Quality: If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by Clorox then the personal information may be used to address that issue. Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised. If it is necessary, we will seek your consent first.
Training: Clorox may use the recording of the telephone conversation for internal training purposes.
Verification: If you have a complaint in relation to the quality of Clorox products then Clorox may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. Clorox may also disclose the recording to third parties, including its professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
Will Clorox give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Clorox may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Clorox’s related companies;
- Clorox’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services, which may operate or hold data in New Zealand or in overseas countries which may include (but are not limited to) Australia and the United States of America. If Clorox provides your personal information to such a party, Clorox generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Clorox does. Please note that New Zealand law may not apply to some of these entities.
Clorox may also disclose your personal information to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under any applicable law.
Is my personal information secure?
Clorox takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Clorox over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Your rights of access and correction.
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Clorox takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Clorox holds about you is incorrect, please contact us on 0800 108 858 or email@example.com
You have a general right to access the personal information Clorox holds about you. You may contact our Consumer Enquiries line on 0800 108 858 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request details of your personal information. Clorox can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial. We will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both Clorox’s needs and your needs.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Clorox holds about you, Clorox reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Clorox holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting our Consumer Enquiries line on 0800 108 858 or email@example.com. Clorox does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If Clorox refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information. We will not charge you a fee for requesting a correction to your personal information, correcting that information or for attaching a statement to your personal information (as relevant).
Even if you don’t submit such a request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding Clorox’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information
Please contact our Consumer Enquiries line on 0800 108 858 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy query and complaint that we receive. Clorox will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.